|⇦|| Episode #36 - Biotech and the Brave New World
(Big Money, Bad Science #2)
|⌚ Sat 11 November 2000 ☻Warren Bell, David Steele, Doreen Stabinsky, Arthur Teuscher, Marcy Darnovsky, Gregor Wolbring|
Download Hour1 Download Hour2 Scientists and ethicists discuss the precautionary principle, designer babies, medical ethics and neo-eugenics with respect to genetic engineering.
- "Science and the Public Interest"
- Warren Bell, MD: president of Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
- David Steele, PhD: Geneticist and molecular biologist and columnist for Ithaca Today
- Doreen Stabinsky, PhD: is science advisor to Greenpeace, Plant geneticist
- "For Whose Benefit? Biomedical Research-Biomedical, pharmaceuticals, genetic screening, human genome project."
- Arthur Teuscher, MD: director of the Diabetes Centre at the Lindenhof Hospital in Bern, Switzerland
- Marcy Darnovsky, PhD: research coordinator at the Exploratory Initiative on the New Human Genetic Technologies
- Gregor Wolbring, PhD: founder and coordinator of the International Network on Bioethics and Disability
Music: Seize the Day
Thanks to Vancouver IMC for the recording
★ Start a Discussion about this episode (Login Required)
|⇦||To link to this episode, please use the short, permanent URL:||⇨|